16 August 2009

Sew What?

Last week a couple of friends and I went to the local market... and bought sewing machines. Here is my "new" machine. As you can see, there is no cord... because it is not electric. It is an old fashioned treadle machine. I always thought these things were antique (as you may have as well), but nope. They are still being made fresh here in Indonesia! I bought mine used, and paid about $30. I took it apart completely and cleaned and oiled it, and now it runs so smoothly and quietly that all the sound it makes it the click of the pedal as it pumps the machine. 

Who knows how long it will take me to get the hang of this thing... but i'm determined!

1 Comments:

Blogger timandmichelle (timandshelly) said...

That is sew cool! My mom has one of those and has had one since I was a kid. I always wanted to use the pedal when it was actually attached to something! Can't wait to see some sarongs or something. Let's go! Actually I want you to make me a table cloth sometime! Way cool! :-)

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home