Be Afraid... Be Very Afraid

We bought a motorbike. Actually, it's more like a scooter, but we prefer to call it a motorbike (that's what everyone here insists it's called anyway). We really wanted nothing to do with any motorized transport of which we were the operators... however, it has been pressed upon us as the proper thing to do.
So, we're still not driving it just yet, but we will. We take it out every now and again (very nervously) and ride at ridiculously low speeds around the local soccer field. I feel a little bit like a 5 year old, afraid of her new two-wheeler. Where is my mom now to push me along and run until she is sure she'll pass out? (I remember that day so vividly - she really did run an awful lot... I needed lots of "practice". Sorry, mom).
In other news, we've had an eventful two weeks here in Central Java. Among many other things, we got the chance to go to a rubber plantation (where i fell down a flight of stairs, and nearly broke a leg), and we got to try out some local "medicine" (where we both almost lost our lunch(es?)). We're happy, we're safe, and we're healthy.

1 Comments:
love the hog!!! I am secretly jealous because I have always wanted a scooter like that...always. Glad you have some wheels. I'm sure you'll be glad for it too!
Post a Comment
<< Home