a matter of taste
Every now and then, while browsing through a local shop for necessities, we stumble upon little unanticipated "treasures". These surprises are... er... surprising not only due to the fact that they are familiar, recognizable brands - but for other reasons as well. Sometimes we have a good laugh at the differences between what people think sounds appetizing. What sounds good to us, doesn't always sound so great to our Indonesian friends - and vice versa. See for yourselves.
Mmm. Good ol' Tic Tacs. "mango flavour" isn't so bad actually. But it's not what you'd think of if someone offered, "tic tac?" We found the orange flavored ones recently, and they are still my standby Tic Tac flavor of choice.
Oo! Lays! Oh... seaweed. These aren't quite that bad. They'll do in a pinch, but they're not nearly as yummy as the... non-seaweed flavors.
Don't knock it 'til you try it. These may look odd - they are. But they are oddly delicious. Phil has a standing request. Whenever I go out to town for anything and ask him if there is something I should remember to pick up, he mentions the Lemon Ritz.
Let's not forget the Blueberry Ice Cream Oreos. These are actually gross. Surprise. Not even sweet-toothed Nadia will eat these things. Are the words "Ice Cream" supposed to make it sound better?


2 Comments:
Simply said...you never cease to make me belly laugh. I love you! Also as I was catching up on old post I WOULD like your new address. Let's skype soon!
Ok, so you are going to have to send us a sample of each of those...they couldn't be any worse than that Durian candy. Eden may actually like the oreos. Now, who would've thought that there would be regional oreos? Fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home