Two Trains
Of Thought.
1. Happy Birthday, Dad!
It was yesterday, I know, I know. Sorry. But these 2 photos are for you.
Thank you for teaching me what the words "wire strippers" and "wire nuts" mean. :) Today while Phil was off in search of a way to repair 4 slashed tires, and while the kids were napping, I went out back by the well and repaired some loose connections. Thank you, Dad. (yes, i took this photo of myself...tricksy).
And thank you for teaching me how to sharpen a knife. Much to my mother's dismay, I am equipped (thanks to my father) to wield a nice, sharp machete! Thank you, dad. In the words of Rich Mahoney, "I'm so proud to be a meat-cutter's daughter". :) Happy Birthday, Dad.
2. A Busy Jungle Day
This friendly little rhinoceros beetle was hanging out on the back porch door this morning as we ate breakfast. Nadia wanted to have him as a pet for the day.
Meet: "Frank".
Frank was promptly invited to a tea party (check out the 3 tea cups - and Frank just chillin in his yellow-lidded jar). Apparently Frank doesn't like sugar in his tea.
After Quinn's morning nap, Frank was returned to his wild home behind the house. Here Nadia is saying goodbye. (she was actually a little disappointed that we couldn't "keep my cute little beetle." Oh boy).
While Phil was away today, I took the kids down to the river at village bath time (11am). We met up with some friends and all had a quick little dip. We made this granny's day by wanting to take a dip with her.
We also made Nadia's day by cooling off that way!








1 Comments:
That was one huge beetle! I remember when Ruthie was about that age and she found two worms and named them after her aunt and uncle and kept them as pets...for a while. So funny. Loved your post and your birthday gift to your dad...very sweet.
Post a Comment
<< Home