beautiful day for a good sound beating
Since the arrival of warmer weather, we've been spending lots more time outside. Yesterday, we went to a horse-farm with some friends of ours, and spent the afternoon rounding up and attempting to ride a few of the horses. Phil hasn't done too much of that sort of thing, and I've not logged too many hours doing that either, so it was quite the show. Phil rode the black one (all the way to the right in the photo below), and spent the bulk of his time trying to keep the little guy from doing anything more than walk. I ended up with the bully in the middle of the photo...He's got quite the attitude, and after a few hours of struggling together, he more or less gave up trying to tolerate me, and decided to rear-up and throw me off. That was exciting. I felt him getting more and more restless, and after several failed attempts to calm him down, began to feel his hooves dancing in that scary, restless sort of way that tells you nothing good is about to happen. It was then, that I got a clear view of the sky, then the ground - and at the same moment, began to realize that one foot was still stuck in the stirrup - great. Somehow, he managed to cool his jets before he stepped on any of my flailing body parts, and I was able to wrangle my stubborn foot free. Thank God!

1 Comments:
Sound like fun! Maybe I'll get to go riding, if it ever stops snowing!
Joanna
Post a Comment
<< Home