true story
Some days are great. Some days are nice. Some are so-so. Some days are bad, and some days fit into the "Day From Hell" category. We had one of those last week. I am just now beginning to feel ready to talk about it. Here is my story. (feel free to feel terrible for me... as well as laugh out loud if need be.)
Wednesday, 3 June, 2009
Today at 1pm I laid the baby down for a nap.
Today at 1:30pm I laid down for a quick snooze... on our bed... in our bedroom.
Today at 1:45 one of Phil's friends came over - so, Phil, wanting to guard my slumbering privacy shut the bedroom door. Since our doors have no knobs, the only way that the door will stay shut, is if it is locked. He, caring for me and my little nap, locked it from the outside (you may see where this is going...).
At 1:50 Phil left with above-mentioned friend.
At 2:00 i woke up and had to pee.
At 2:01 i realized that i WAS LOCKED IN MY OWN BEDROOM.
At 2:45 i still had to pee... and was fire-y hot with anger. i prayed for wisdom, and a miracle bucket that i had somehow forgotten about until that moment.
At 2:55, Nadia awoke from her nap and began her daily routine of post-nap singing... then screaming.
At 3:10 i decided to try and pry the door off its hinges.
At 3:12 i gave up and thought about killing my husband upon his return...whenever that may be.
From 3:14 to 3:20 i thought of all the terrible things that could happen and how i would be helpless and trapped IN MY OWN BEDROOM.
At 3:21 i thought indignantly that even prisoners have a toilet in their cells.
At 3:22 i began to cry.
At 3:25 i heard Phil outside our front door. i began to yell for him. He seemingly ignored my frantic pleas. Nadia screamed louder. i got even more mad (not sure how that was possible...i was pretty filppin' mad to begin with). i banged on the door until my fists hurt. Nadia kept screaming. i still had to pee.
At 3:40 Phil came rushing to the door. i could hear him shouting his apologies as he ran from the front door to let me out. i burst into tears again and refused to speak to him for over an hour. i picked up our baby, i cuddled her for a few minutes, then i went and made spaghetti sauce while my crazy next door neighbor hollered in Indonesian at the banana trees.... telling them that it was a good day, and that the sun was hot.
Two things:
1. how the hairy does any dingaling put a lock on the OUTSIDE of a door... ever? (not even talking about doorknobs here...)
2. how in the name of everything holy does one forget that he locked ANYONE in a room... least of all HIS WIFE?!?!?
what. the. heck.

6 Comments:
I'm sorry. I'm rolling on the floor laughing, but I am really sorry! I can totally picture all of that happening, up to the look of Phil's face when he realized his boo-boo. Hahahahahaha!
I love you. At least it all started with good intentions...okay that probably didn't help much...but yes, I was rolling too! I love your writings--keep it up friend. Love you
hahaha thanks for sharing your pain... i needed a good laugh.
Yikes...a scooter. :) we could tell you loads of stories about those. :)
That was amazing! Thanks for sharing. Kamu ada dua Pembantu's atua satu? Apa nama?
oh my god shell - as other posters said, i am sorry this happened to you, but so glad you shared this story!! i love how you wrote it....hilarious! i hope future days are better... :)
In the words of a stone-hearted person: "could've been worse!"
Post a Comment
<< Home