Party Time!
On Wednesday, I bought the "powdered" sugar, brought it home, hammered it into manageable chunks, then blended it in our blender... It was NEARLY powdered by the time I was finished.
The next day i made the cake and stuck it in the freezer - so that it wouldn't melt into a messy, chocolately pile. Yesterday, I frosted it. The little inch worm's middle hump, flopped over right after this photo was taken... The humidity won out in the end.
But Nadia didn't care one bit. She had watched all the preparation, and had been waiting very patiently (with all her 2 year old patience) for this moment.
She sang along with the Birthday Song and even blew out one of the candles.
Oh what fun a $3 bag of balloons can be!
Nadia "holding" baby Gideon (Angie & Dylan's baby) with G-ma Coral and G-pa Larry (her adoptive grandparents here). :0) Nadia is in love with baby Gideon and asks for him every day. "Hold him? Hold baby Gideon?"
She also loves to point out his eyes, nose, mouth... It's time to buy her a little dolly, I think.
After a long night of partying, Nadia wasn't ready to see it end. She bounced on her non-bouncy bed, giggling and goofing around for a good 30 minutes before she settled into her bed the right way and finally fell asleep. She's been talking about her party all day today. I think it was a success!
On a sort of sad, but realistic note - Tiffany and I are getting ready to say goodbye again. I'm tired of this. We've enjoyed our time together again here across the world. We're getting ready to part ways once again, and it's not any easier than the first time. Love ya, Tiff. You're always welcome in my kitchen. I'll find a way to have coffee on for you.









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home