01 July 2011

More Beach Fun with Family

Our faithful laptop has been "in the shop" for the past week. Thank God for Apple Care! We're happy to have it back, and now I can post about a little more beach fun we've had recently.

Napping on the hour long drive to Spofford Lake in New Hampshire. I grew up going to that lake and hanging out during hot summer days. I'm not really sure exactly where I learned to swim, but Spofford Lake was one of the places I honed that skill, to be sure. I've got lots of happy, summer memories of that place, and it was fun to make a few more with my parents as we played with Nadia and each other.

Floaties and tubies are a must!

"Memere, come on in! It's nice and warm!" It wasn't. :)

But the funny thing about Memeres is that they're willing to do just about anything for their grandchildren. Here's Memere and Nadia practicing some kicking in the "warm" water.

The day could not have been clearer, brighter or more pleasant. It was one of those New England summer days that I wish I could bottle up and keep.


Swimming, digging, kicking, running, jumping, diving and rolling around like a happy puppy in the sand makes this little girl one sleepy baby.

1 Comments:

Blogger timandmichelle (timandshelly) said...

One day I will truly visit New England and not just do a wedding drive-by! So glad she is getting great quality time with your parents! That's important for kids! Well, for parents too, I guess. And more so now with your time just around the corner! YAY!!!!!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home