Bali
So, we decided to take a vacation. It happened to work out perfectly that we took that vacation in Bali. :0) Here are just a few photos of our time here. We're not quite done yet having fun, so I'm sure there will be another post soon.
At the Bali Zoo we saw all sorts of wonders. Here a snow white peacock wanders around free... Nadia couldn't bear to look at him.
Phil is taking this photo, and Nadia and i are the ones that the tiger is eyeing. Sort of creepy... Not nearly as creepy, however, as the lions' reaction to seeing Nadia.
These two lions were lazing in the shade, swatting flies with their tails and ignoring all the people staring at them, until Nadia walked into the exhibit. They both leaped up, trotted over to the pane-glass and started pacing in front of Nadia, very honestly, licking their chops. If you click on the photo you can see that the lion in this top photo is staring right at her. They both bored their eyes right into her face until I quickly decided to guide her out of the scary lion exhibit. She thought they were "pretty kitties".
Here, they both hope that some miracle will smash the 1 inch glass barrier.
Phil got cajoled into holding an iguana while balancing a parrot on his shoulder. :0)
Ok, Michelle. These are for you. I don't think I need to do any explaining, except to say that these are bats... that are all over Indonesia... You wanna take a cardboard box to this guy? Or maybe Tim has a plastic Tupperware lid big enough to protect him from this fox with wings?
It was hard to get a good shot of just how big their wingspans really are... Also, I'm thankful that this was a controlled environment. I'm not super cuddly around the wild ones that live in our trees...
Nadia couldn't decide if she loved the parrot or hated the parrot, so the parrot just sat on mommy's shoulder this time.
Swimming
And walking on the beach. Glorious.














3 Comments:
What is this with our "girls" and bats? They are driving these in-laws batty! Still, got to love ya anyway.
The two pictures of Shelley, Nadia, and the birds are simply breathtakingly beautiful!
Ho. Ly. Cow!
Post a Comment
<< Home